In a previous post I'd created on Function Overloading in XQuery, there has been a brief discussion (so far) on whether you can overload functions based on type.
This was the given example:
Which appears to be part of the spec:
Is there a workaround? The only way around this issue that I know of right now is to use a typeswitch:
Will give you the expected results - albeit at the cost of having to write (and manage) more code.
- ► 2011 (35)
- XQDT: Notes for installing the current Milestone o...
- MarkLogic: XQuery: performance with Maps
- Java: Using Jersey with JAXB to output XML or JSON...
- MarkLogic: XQuery: hacking the position() - a basi...
- MarkLogic: XQuery: and / and-not query examples
- MarkLogic: XQuery: UNIX Timestamp to xs:dateTime C...
- MarkLogic: XCC/J: Passing a node() into a Query as...
- MarkLogic: XQuery: Typeswitching based on input "t...
- ▼ June (8)
- ► 2009 (37)
- ► 2008 (24)