I remember seeing in a few places that XQuery doesn't support function overloading. I also remember seeing examples where function overloading is used.
This simplistic example shows overloading at work - as written for MarkLogic (although the example could be easily modified for eXist:
- ► 2011 (35)
- MarkLogic: XQuery - Creating XML Elements and Attr...
- MarkLogic: XQuery Function Overloading
- MarkLogic: Viewing Installed Modules on a Server
- MarkLogic: Dump the XML Configuration of a given D...
- MarkLogic: Managing "slow" document delete times
- MarkLogic (x64) install on Ubuntu 10.4
- MarkLogic: Techniques for querying in-memory fragm...
- MarkLogic: Query Optimisation Notes (Part One: get...
- MarkLogic Search Note: cts:search vs. XPath
- ▼ April (9)
- ► 2009 (37)
- ► 2008 (24)